A little red dirt tour

So, Mondays are typically a day I get to ride. It looked like it was finally going to work to roll with Gavin. Every time we try, something comes up for one of us. He hadn't ridden anything in La Costa yet so that was the plan. The surf was small today so Gilles joined us too. 

This guy could ride La Costa with his eyes closed. 

This guy had not been to La Costa yet. 

Gavin did great until the last climb of the day. Gilles and I accidentally got after Horned Lizard a bit. He says it was me, but I was following him! We felt pretty bad about that. It's a tough place to ride when it's the first time you're seeing it. We didn't feel bad long though, once Gavin gets his legs back he'll be dropping us on the long rides.

I'm racing the Dirty 30 on the SS so I've been trying out gears that will be fast with lots of climbing. I think I found the one to roll today. The Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Grit was eating up La Costa inclines!




Comments